Level 3 Award in HACCP in Catering
The Food Standards Agency considers HACCP important for maintaining good practice in the manufacture of safe food. This course complies with EU legislation and covers the importance of the establishment of HACCP-based food safety management procedures and the processes involved, such as pre-requisites, process flow diagrams, and the identification of critical control points. It also covers how HACCP-based food safety management procedures can be developed and implemented in a catering business and how that will vary from business to business.
Enrolling in Level 3 award in HACCP in catering provides the opportunity to achieve a nationally-recognized Level 3 Award Qualification;
Start date: We enroll 365 days a year at any time.
Who is it for?
This qualification was developed to give caterers a better understanding of how HACCP can be applied simply to the catering environment. This qualification will also be useful as a means of demonstrating CPD for those learners who already hold a Level 3 or Level 4 food safety qualification. It may also suit certain enforcement officers who inspect catering premises mainly.
What do we do?
All our students are given access via their own personal login and password to our online campus. Once logged in, you can access the materials, lessons, resources, and assignments of your course in your own time. Assignments are uploaded via your account, and the process is intuitive and simple. Our Campus Online includes:
- Access to all the materials of your course 24/7/365 that includes: All lessons, assignments, and resources. that are available from the moment you enroll.
- Access to your course immediately after you enroll-start studying straight away!
- Integrated messaging and chat systems, so you can contact your tutor Anytime! Anywhere!
- Online assignment uploads to save time and feedback on return marks.
- Links to available additional resources and course information
- Self-led learning in all courses-study your own time and work at your own pace through your assignments
- Our secure servers keep a safe e-portfolio of your work under lock and key systems.
- Progress bar to show the work you’ve done and how many tasks you still have to complete during your course.
- Detailed assistance center with step–by–step instructions on how to get the most out of your course and upload assignments and contact your tutor.
The Level 3 Award in HACCP in catering consists of the following 1 mandatory unit that provides a total of 1 credit and 13 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|HACCP for Catering||1 credit|
- Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation and management procedures
- Understand the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, temperature control, personal hygiene, and cleaning
The Centre assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgment that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully.
Evidence: Learners will be required to complete 30 multiple choice questions within 60 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification curriculum and reach a 60 percent pass mark (18/30). Learners will receive a distinction if they reach a pass mark of 80 percent (24/30).
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the overall achievement of the judgment of the learners has been achieved.
Upon successful completion of a Level 3 Award in HACCP in Catering, learners may pursue a Level 4 Award in HACCP for Management qualification in the relevant academic discipline.
£150 including VAT
- Exams/ Assessments are included in the price.
- Unlimited tutor support is included in the price.
Course Format: Online/Classroom
Course Duration: 1-2 days