The aim of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace and to give personal growth and learning involvement to the learners. The qualification is intended for learners who wish to advance to a higher or supervisory level in a food catering business
This course includes an in-depth insight into the management of food safety in the food production or food service environment, including tips on managing others and on how to train your team. This course contributes to the strong defense of due diligence in the case of a serious breakdown in food hygiene.
Enrolling in Level 3 award in food and safety in catering provides the opportunity to achieve a nationally-recognized Level 3 Award Qualification;
Start date: We enroll 365 days a year at any time.
Who is it for?
This in-depth course is ideal for employees responsible for people management. Therefore, it is also perfect for anyone responsible for your HACCP system. The course helps catering managers and small caterers to understand the Safer Food Better Business Pack content. The Food Standard Agency (FSA) provides this food safety management system.
This course allows your supervisor or manager to provide basic food hygiene training to other team members. They will need to have the appropriate experience and teaching qualification, such as the Level 3 Award in the course Delivering Training.
What do we do?
All our students are given access via their own personal login and password to our online campus. Once logged in, you can access the materials, lessons, resources, and assignments of your course in your own time. Assignments are uploaded via your account, and the process is intuitive and simple. Our Campus Online includes:
- Access to all the materials of your course 24/7/365 that includes: All lessons, assignments, and resources. that are available from the moment you enroll.
- Access to your course immediately after you enroll-start studying straight away!
- Integrated messaging and chat systems, so you can contact your tutor Anytime! Anywhere!
- Online assignment uploads to save time and feedback on return marks.
- Links to available additional resources and course information
- Self-led learning in all courses-study your own time and work at your own pace through your assignments
- Our secure servers keep a safe e-portfolio of your work under lock and key systems.
- Progress bar to show the work you’ve done and how many tasks you still have to complete during your course.
- Detailed assistance center with step–by–step instructions on how to get the most out of your course and upload assignments and contact your tutor.
The Level 3 Award in food and safety in catering consists of the following 1 mandatory unit that provides a total of 3 credit and 25 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Food Safety for catering||3 credits|
- Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation and management procedures
- Understand the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, temperature control, personal hygiene, and cleaning
The Centre assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgment that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully. The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the overall achievement of the judgment of the learners has been achieved.
Evidence: Learners have 45 questions to complete within 90 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding throughout the qualification syllabus and achieve a 66 percent (30/45) pass mark. Learners will receive a Distinction if they reach an 80 percent (36/45) Pass mark.
£75 including VAT
- Exams/ Assessments are included in the price.
- Unlimited tutor support is included in the price.
Course Format: Online/Classroom
Course Duration: 2-3 days