This comprehensive Level 4 Food Safety course will give you in-depth knowledge and understanding of food safety. It examines management’s vital roles in setting and maintaining high standards within a catering organization. The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in a catering role or to promote a role in the workplace.
This qualification covers the topic of food hygiene at an appropriate depth to ensure that the learner has a thorough knowledge of hazards and controls; its focus is on the importance of developing, implementing, and monitoring food safety procedures.
Enrolling in Level 4 award in managing food and safety in catering provides the opportunity to achieve a nationally-recognized Level 4 Award Qualification;
Start date: We enroll 365 days a year at any time.
Who is it for?
The Level 4 award in managing food safety in catering is suitable for applicants from all types of food companies. It is a well-respected and recognized qualification by the Food Standard Agency, Independent Auditors, and Enforcement Officers.
The qualification is intended for those whose job requires them to be in charge of food safety. Learners are likely to have operational team management responsibilities.
What do we do?
All our students are given access via their own personal login and password to our online campus. Once logged in, you can access the materials, lessons, resources, and assignments of your course in your own time. Assignments are uploaded via your account, and the process is intuitive and simple. Our Campus Online includes:
- Access to all the materials of your course 24/7/365 that includes: All lessons, assignments, and resources. that are available from the moment you enroll.
- Access to your course immediately after you enroll-start studying straight away!
- Integrated messaging and chat systems, so you can contact your tutor Anytime! Anywhere!
- Online assignment uploads to save time and feedback on return marks.
- Links to available additional resources and course information
- Self-led learning in all courses-study your own time and work at your own pace through your assignments
- Our secure servers keep a safe e-portfolio of your work under a lock and key systems.
- Progress bar to show the work you’ve done and how many tasks you still have to complete during your course.
- Detailed assistance center with step–by–step instructions on how to get the most out of your course and upload assignments and contact your tutor.
The Level 4 Award in Managing food and safety in catering consists of the following 1 mandatory unit that provide a total of 6 credits and 40 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|The Principles of Food Safety Management for Catering||6 credits|
- Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation and management procedures
- Understand the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, temperature control, personal hygiene, and cleaning
The Centre assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgment that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully.
Evidence: This qualification is assessed by Two parts of examinations
Part One- A written examination in which the learners must answer four questions. The total mark on this section is 70 marks.
Part Two- Learners will be required to complete 30 multiple choice questions within 60 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification curriculum and reach a 60 percent pass mark (18/30). Learners will receive a distinction if they reach a pass mark of 80 percent (24/30).
£599 including VAT
- Exams/ Assessments are included in the price.
- Unlimited tutor support is included in the price.
Course Format: Online/Classroom
Course Duration: 3-4 days