This qualification is intended to provide the skills, understanding, and knowledge of basic food safety practices to people. It meets the requirements of legal basic food training for people handling food as part of their job or as a volunteer role. This is a high-quality qualification designed by industry-leading experts.
The aim of this Level 2 Award is to provide the learner with the skills, knowledge, and understanding of basic food safety practices in the hospitality and the catering sector.
Enrolling in Level 2 award in food and safety in catering provides the opportunity to achieve a nationally-recognized Level 2 Award Qualification;
Start date: We enroll 365 days a year at any time.
Who is it for?
The Level 2 Awards in Food Safety are designed to meet the catering, production, and retail food safety needs. The courses are intended for those who work in catering, production, or retail environments in which food is prepared, cooked, and processed. or intend to be catering workers. The main objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in the role of catering or to support a role in the job.
What do we do?
All our students are given access via their own personal login and password to our online campus. Once logged in, you can access the materials, lessons, resources, and assignments of your course in your own time. Assignments are uploaded via your account, and the process is intuitive and simple. Our Campus Online includes:
- Access to all the materials of your course 24/7/365 that includes: All lessons, assignments, and resources. that are available from the moment you enroll.
- Access to your course immediately after you enroll-start studying straight away!
- Integrated messaging and chat systems, so you can contact your tutor Anytime! Anywhere!
- Online assignment uploads to save time and feedback on return marks.
- Links to available additional resources and course information
- Self-led learning in all courses-study your own time and work at your own pace through your assignments
- Our secure servers keep a safe e-portfolio of your work under lock and key systems.
- Progress bar to show the work you’ve done and how many tasks you still have to complete during your course.
- Detailed assistance center with step–by–step instructions on how to get the most out of your course and upload assignments and contact your tutor.
The Level 2 Award in food and safety in catering consists of the following 1 mandatory unit that provide a total of 1 credit and 7 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Principles of Food Safety for Catering||1 credit|
The learner will:
- Understand the importance of food handlers keeping themselves and work areas clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping food products safe
The Centre assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgment that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully.
Evidence: Learners will be required to complete 30 multiple choice questions within 60 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification curriculum and reach a 60 percent pass mark (18/30). Learners will receive a distinction if they reach a pass mark of 80 percent (24/30).
Upon successful completion of a Level 2 Award in Food and Safety in Catering, learners may pursue a Level 3 Award in Food and Safety in Catering in the relevant academic discipline.
£– including VAT
- Exams/ Assessments are included in the price.
- Unlimited tutor support is included in the price.
Course Format: Online/Classroom
Course Duration: 1-2 days