Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Course level: Intermediate
- Categories Health and Social Care
- Total Enrolled 0
- Last Update July 19, 2021
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care: You will study with one of the largest and innovative educational and learning opportunities providers. In this field, we have supported and provided open distance learning and created highly-respected materials for use throughout this rapidly changing sector.
The Health and Social Care Level 3 Diploma is designed to show you are competent in the health and social care field in which you work. It is the qualification required in England for enrolment and regulatory requirements. You may take overall health and social care qualifications or specialize in dementia care, learning disabilities, drug abuse, and management.
Enrolling in the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care provides the opportunity to achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 vocationally-specific qualification.
Start date: We enroll 365 days a year at any time.
Who is it for?
This course is intended for individuals working as a senior care assistant or a senior support worker in any care setting, or looking for a degree in nursing and social work. This qualification confirms competence in such roles as:
- Senior care workers support in residential environments
- Senior support Community-based workers.
- Senior Home Care Support Workers, Supported Living Services or Day Services.
- Community Senior Health Care Assistants, Primary Care, and Acute Environments.
What do we do?
All our students are given access via their own personal login and password to our online campus. Once logged in, you can access the materials, lessons, resources, and assignments of your course in your own time. Assignments are uploaded via your account, and the process is intuitive and simple. Our Campus Online includes:
- Access to all the materials of your course 24/7/365 that includes: All lessons, assignments, and resources. that are available from the moment you enroll.
- Access to your course immediately after you enroll-start studying straight away!
- Integrated messaging and chat systems, so you can contact your tutor Anytime! Anywhere!
- Online assignment uploads to save time and feedback on return marks.
- Links to available additional resources and course information
- Self-led learning in all courses-study your own time and work at your own pace through your assignments
- Our secure servers keep a safe e-portfolio of your work under lock and key systems.
- Progress bar to show the work you’ve done and how many tasks you still have to complete during your course.
- Detailed assistance center with step–by–step instructions on how to get the most out of your course and upload assignments and contact your tutor.
The Level 3 Diploma in Health and social care consists of total of 6 units following 4 mandatory units and a minimum of 2 optional units to achieve the 60 credits required to gain the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
|An Introduction to health and social care||10|
|Communication for Health and social care||10|
|Promoting Health in the Population||10|
|Understanding Diabetes Care||10|
|Understanding Stroke Care||10|
|Understanding Dementia Care||10|
Students studying for the Certificate and Diploma in Health and Social Care will be expected to develop the following skills during the program of study:
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think independently and solve problems
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognizing the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of health and social care service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
Learners are required to complete a number of assignments provided by tutor. Your personal tutor will review and mark your work and provide feedback.
Coursework assignments can be returned by uploading to the web portal or by email. We recommend that assignments are finished and returned via the online portal as word-processed documents. It is possible to accept handwritten documents, but they need to be clear and legible and may be subject to a longer marking period.
Once you have obtained this qualification, you will be equipped with the essential knowledge and skills needed to advance to higher education in a related field of study and advance to a wide range of job roles in the health and social care sector such as:
- Care Support Workers in Adult Home Settings
- Community Health Assistants, Primary Care, and Acute Health Environments
- Care Support Workers in Home Services, Living Supported, or Day Services
- Community Support Workers.
£350 including VAT
- Exams/ Assessments are included in the price.
- Unlimited tutor support is included in the price.
Course Format: Online/Classroom.
Approximately 6 to 12 months
About the instructor
- Level 2 in Health and Social Care or Related work experience in the health and social care sectors.
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- A basic English level may be required for this programme.