Level 2 Award in Health and Social care
- Course level: Intermediate
- Categories Health and Social Care
- Total Enrolled 0
- Last Update July 19, 2021
Level 2 Health And Social Care Award: You will be studying with one of the largest and most innovative educational and learning opportunities providers. In this field, we have supported and provided open distance learning and created highly respected materials for use throughout this fast-changing industry.
Students will increase their knowledge and ability to perform a wide range of roles in a health and social care environment through the study of this course. The Health and Social Care Diploma aims to help the student carry out their position‘s duties to the correct standard as well as provide the student with the chance to study higher-level qualifications.
The Health and Social Care Level 2 has been designed to give you the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills, and attributes that are essential to successful work-life performance.
Enrolling in Level 2 in Health and Social Care provides the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognized Level 2 vocationally-specific qualification.
Start date: We enroll 365 days a year at any time.
Who is it for?
The course is conducted online as well as in the classroom and is designed for care administrators or care workers who work full time and have no time to return to college. It gives everyone confidence that workers have the same induction-learning the same skills, knowledge, and behaviors to provide compassionate, safe, and high-quality care and support.
The Care Certificate is the beginning of the career journey and is just one element of the training and education that will prepare them to practice within their specific sector.
Despite being designed for new staff, the Care Certificate also offers opportunities for existing staff to refresh or improve their knowledge.
What do we do?
All our students are given access via their own personal login and password to our online campus. Once logged in, you can access the materials, lessons, resources, and assignments of your course in your own time. Assignments are uploaded via your account, and the process is intuitive and simple. Our Campus Online includes:
- Access to all the materials of your course 24/7/365 that includes: All lessons, assignments, and resources. that are available from the moment you enroll.
- Access to your course immediately after you enroll-start studying straight away!
- Integrated messaging and chat systems, so you can contact your tutor Anytime! Anywhere!
- Online assignment uploads to save time and feedback on return marks.
- Links to available additional resources and course information
- Self-led learning in all courses-study your own time and work at your own pace through your assignments
- Our secure servers keep a safe e-portfolio of your work under lock and key systems.
- Progress bar to show the work you’ve done and how many tasks you still have to complete during your course.
- Detailed assistance center with step–by–step instructions on how to get the most out of your course and upload assignments and contact your tutor.
It consists of nine core units:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person-centered approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care, or children’s and young people’s settings.
And three Optional Units:
- Causes and spread of infection
- Understand the impact of acquired brain injury on individuals
- Approaches to enable rights and choices for individuals with dementia while minimizing risks.
- It allows learners to develop and demonstrate competence in areas of health and social care.
- They will also develop technical skills, knowledge, and understanding related to the specified job roles.
- Learners have the opportunity to take a general qualification in health and social care, or they may specialize in dementia care or learning disabilities.
The Center assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgment that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully. The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the overall achievement of the judgment of the learners has been achieved.
Evidence: Learners will be required to complete 45 multiple choice questions within 90 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification curriculum and reach a 66 percent pass mark (30/45). Learners will receive a distinction if they reach a pass mark of 80 percent (36/45).
Once Level 2 in Health and Social Care is successfully completed there would be opportunities to advance to a vocationally related Level 3 qualification. There’s also a chance to get into employment in the health and social care sector.
£350 including VAT
- Exams/ Assessments are included in the price.
- Unlimited tutor support is included in the price.
Course Format: Online/Classroom.
- Approximately 5 to 6 months
About the instructor
- Level 1 in Health and Social Care or Related work experience
- Learner must be 16 years or older at the beginning of the course
- A basic English level may be required for this program