Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care: You will be studying with one of the largest and most innovative educational and learning opportunities providers. In this field, we have supported and provided open distance learning and created highly respected materials for use throughout this fast-changing industry.
The Health and Social Care Level 3 Certificate has been designed to allow students access to higher education or to assist with workplace progression.
A team of subject matter experts designed and written this qualification, and we involved employers and institutions of higher education in reviewing the content.
Enrolling in Level 3 in Health and Social Care provides the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognized Level 3 vocationally-specific qualification.
Start date: We enroll 365 days a year at any time.
Who is it for?
This course is intended for individuals working as a senior care assistant or a senior support worker in any care setting, or looking for a degree in nursing and social work. This qualification confirms competence in such roles as:
- Senior care workers support in residential environments
- Senior support Community-based workers.
- Senior Home Care Support Workers, Supported Living Services, or Day Services.
- Community Senior Health Care Assistants, Primary Care, and Acute Environments.
What do we do?
All our students are given access via their own personal login and password to our online campus. Once logged in, you can access the materials, lessons, resources, and assignments of your course in your own time. Assignments are uploaded via your account, and the process is intuitive and simple. Our Campus Online includes:
- Access to all the materials of your course 24/7/365 that includes: All lessons, assignments, and resources. that are available from the moment you enroll.
- Access to your course immediately after you enroll-start studying straight away!
- Integrated messaging and chat systems, so you can contact your tutor Anytime! Anywhere!
- Online assignment uploads to save time and feedback on return marks.
- Links to available additional resources and course information
- Self-led learning in all courses-study your own time and work at your own pace through your assignments
- Our secure servers keep a safe e-portfolio of your work under a lock and key systems.
- Progress bar to show the work you’ve done and how many tasks you still have to complete during your course.
- Detailed assistance center with step–by–step instructions on how to get the most out of your course and upload assignments and contact your tutor.
|Units||Topics are covered:|
|1. Human Development & Growth||What is growth?; What is development?; Maturationist Theory; Constructive Theory; Environmentalist Theory; Life expectancy; and Mortality rates.
|2. Ill Health||Breast Cancer; Prostate Cancer; Lung Cancer; Alzheimer’s; Cerebral Palsy; Cystic Fibrosis; and Down’s Syndrome.|
|3. Drugs||Lysergic acid diethylamide; Amanita muscaria; Speed; Poppers; Anabolic steroids; Tranquilisers; Cannabis; Heroin; Ecstasy; Cocaine; Tobacco; and Addiction|
|4. Alcohol||Effects of drinking; Cheap alcohol; Protecting profits; and Drinking culture.
|5. Nutrition||Guideline Daily Amount; Girls; and Boys.
|6. Eating Disorders||What are eating disorders?; Anorexia nervosa; Bulimia; and Binge eating disorder.
|7. Mental Health||Depression; Atypical depression; Unspecified depression; Post-natal depression; and Seasonal affective disorder.
|8. Personality Disorders||Paranoid personality disorder; Schizoid personality disorder; Schizotypal; Anti-social disorder; Borderline personality disorder; Histrionic personality disorder; Narcissistic personality disorder; Avoidant personality disorder; Dependent personality disorder and Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.
|9. Abuse||Staying safe; Abuse and the Law; Sexual Offences Act 2003; Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Bill 2003; Rights of victims; Injunctions; and Court orders.
|10. Social Care||Care plans, and Barriers to care.|
|11. Legislation||NHS and Community Care Act 1990; The Mental Health Act; Sections; The Human Rights Act; The Mental Capacity Act; Lasting Powers of Attorney; Court of protection; Public Guardian; The Children Act 1989; The Children Act 2004; Childcare Act 2006; and Race Relations Act 1976.
|12. The National Health Service||Timeline of the NHS; Roles in the NHS; General Practitioners; Gynaecologists and Obstetricians; Psychologist; Psychiatrist; Nurse; Community Psychiatric Nurse; Social worker; Accident and Emergency; Minor injuries units and NHS walk-in centers.
|13. Social Services||Families; Communities; and Organisations.|
|14. Fostering||Permanent fostering, Short term fostering, Respite Placements, and shared car.|
|15. Child care||The National Curriculum; and Office for Standards in Education.|
The Center assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgment that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully. The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the overall achievement of the judgment of the learners has been achieved.
Evidence: Learners will be required to complete 45 Multiple choice questions within 90 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification curriculum and reach a 66 percent pass mark (30/45). Learners will receive a distinction if they reach a pass mark of 80 percent (36/45).
Once this qualification is achieved, learners will be able to progress to the Extended Health and Social Care Diploma Level 3. The Certificate supports the access of learners to higher education and advances to a wide range of job roles in the health and social care sector. The qualification also supports progression towards further learning in the Level 4 and above related subject areas.
£350 including VAT
- Exams/ Assessments are included in the price.
- Unlimited tutor support is included in the price.
Course Format: Online/Classroom.
- Approximately 6 to 12 months.