Level 2 award in paediatric first aid is a comprehensive training course in first aid. This course is aimed at people looking after young children and infants, including staff at day nurseries, pre-schools, extended hours nursery care, and child-minders, carers of children at home as well as parents.
This paediatric first aid training course suitable for people working towards an early years education qualification, and this course also meets the Ofsted early years and child care register requirements.
– Record keeping relating to illness, injuries, and emergencies
– Safe assessment of an emergency situation
– Roles and responsibilities of pediatric first aiders
– How to administer first aid to an infant or child
– Infant or child with unresponsive and normal breathing behavior
– Infant or child with unresponsive and abnormal breathing behavior
– Infant or child has a foreign body airway obstruction
– Infant or child is bleeding externally
– Infant or child has an injury to their bones, joints, and muscles
– Infant or child is suffering from shock
– Infant or child is experiencing anaphylaxis
– Infant or child has head or spinal injuries
– Infant or child has a condition affecting the eyes, ears, and nose
Infant or child has minor injuries, including cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters, and nose bleeds
– Infant or child has bitten or stung
– Infant or child has been poisoned, burn /scald/sustained an electric shock
– Infant or child is experiencing the effects of extreme cold or heat.
This course also prepares learners for emergency first aid scenarios involving an infant or child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness such as
– Allergic reaction
– Fertile convulsions
– Sickle cell crisis
The candidate’s practical skills will be assessed through continuous observation by the trainer. There is also a written examination to assess the understanding of the candidates about the course.
You will be required to submit the evidence of
– Written statement, all the necessary guidance will be provided to you during the course.
-Oral statements /answers or professional discussions (only for the learners with special needs)
Reasons to join us:
-Trainers with QTLS status (qualified teacher status: learning and skills)
-Trainers with DTLLS, CELTA, PGCE, ASSESSOR (A1), INTERNAL VERIFIER (V1), and professional qualifications.
-Outstanding learner support services
-Excellent learning and development facilities in center and online and distance learning.
-Exceptional teaching and training staff with over 70 years (combined) teaching and training experience in the lifelong learning sector.
-Simply the best training provider in the country.
-Exceptional approaches to deliver simplest and easiest training methods.
2 days 10 am to 5 pm
FEES: £175 plus vat
(Discounts available for group bookings)