Importance of english language course: In an English-speaking country, you want to study or work abroad, but English is not your first language: you usually have to take an English language exam required by universities, immigration departments, professional bodies, and employers.
You will learn real English at the Skills and Development Centre. It doesn’t matter if you’ve already learned some English, or if you start from scratch. You need to be clear that learning English will demand time and effort. For our part, we will provide you with all the resources you need to succeed, and every step of the way we will be with you.
If your aim is to speak English, you can achieve that goal here. Our course consists of 4 levels (A1 Beginners to B2 Upper-intermediate) and was created in order to allow you to follow the course anywhere in the world.
Who is it for?
Anyone looking to study or work in an English-speaking country abroad. But their first language is not English: they usually need an English course and an English test, required by universities, immigration departments, professional bodies, and employers.
What do we do?
All our students are given access via their own personal login and password to our online campus. Once logged in, you can access the materials, lessons, resources, and assignments of your course in your own time. Assignments are uploaded via your account, and the process is intuitive and simple. Our Campus Online includes:
- Access to all the materials of your course 24/7/365 that includes: All lessons, assignments, and resources. that are available from the moment you enroll.
- Access to your course immediately after you enroll-start studying straight away!
- Integrated messaging and chat systems, so you can contact your tutor Anytime! Anywhere!
- Online assignment uploads to save time and feedback on return marks.
- Links to available additional resources and course information
- Self-led learning in all courses-study your own time and work at your own pace through your assignments
- Our secure servers keep a safe e-portfolio of your work under a lock and key systems.
- Progress bar to show the work you have done and how many tasks you still must complete during your course.
- Detailed assistance center with step–by–step instructions on how to get the most out of your course and upload assignments and contact your tutor.
- Levels we are offering:
It’s for beginners or breakthroughs. The first step is for anyone who hopes to learn the English language. It is designed for people who have never studied or understand the language very fundamentally.
The student learns how basic words are used and questions are asked at this level. New words, numbers, letters, and verbals will also be learned by the student.
Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very fundamental words to meet specific needs.
You can introduce yourself and others, and answer questions about your personal details, like where you live, people you know, and things you have.
Can interact simply provided that the other person talks slowly and clearly and is willing to help.
This level can be enrolled by anyone without any requirement
It is for Elementary or Lower Intermediate. This level will allow for higher than the basic level.
The learner will continue to learn new vocabulary and will acquire grammar skills that will help to communicate in various everyday situations. The learner also learns to communicate using English expressions in the present and future tenses in simple sentences.
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions concerning areas of most immediate relevance (e.g., very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks that require a simple and direct exchange of information on routine and familiar matters.
- Can describe aspects of their background, immediate environment, and issues in areas of immediate need, in simple terms.
The learner must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in Speaking and Listening at least CEFR level A1.
It is for the intermediate or the individual who can learn. This level will improve their ability to describe things and situations in conditional and past times, develop their writing skills and improve their consistency.
A learner will gain more English confidence and fluency, and feel like you can communicate more easily verbally.
A B1 level of English would be sufficient for interactions with English speakers on familiar subjects. At the workplace, people at the B1 level can read simple reports on familiar subjects and write simple e-mails on subjects in their field. A level B1 is not, however, adequate to function fully in English at the workplace.
According to the official CEFR guidelines, someone at the B1 level in English:
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling
- Can produce simple connected text on familiar topics or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
The learner must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in Speaking and Listening at least CEFR level A2.
It’s for Upper Intermediate Independent Users. Upper-Intermediate is designed for students who already have a high level of English and teaches the learner to clearly understand complex texts.
Leaner will be able to correctly express themselves in all past tense forms and perfect their use of adverbs and prepositions. They will also continue to enhance their vocabulary and improvise their ability to produce fluid speech.
A B2 level of English would enable you to work in English at the workplace, and indeed many non-native English speakers in international workplaces have that level of English. However, a person who works in English at a B2 level will lack nuance especially outside of their own field. He may also miss some of the subtleties in the conversation and implied meanings.
Someone at level B2 is in English according to official CEFR guidelines:
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar problems that are encountered regularly in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can handle most situations that may occur while traveling
- Can produce simple, interconnected text on the personal or familiar subject matter.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions, and briefly give reasons for views and plans.
The learner must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in Speaking and Listening at least CEFR level B1.
£150 including VAT for A1, A2, B1
£180 including VAT for B2.
- Exams/ Assessments are included in the price.
- Unlimited tutor support is included in the price.
Course Format: Online/Classroom.
Course Duration: 1 to 2 months depending upon the English Level